Are you looking for a delicious and healthy way to enjoy broccoli? Look no further than this mouthwatering recipe for Cinnamon Thyme Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Crumbs.
In just a few simple steps, you can transform ordinary broccoli into a flavorful and crunchy side dish that will have your taste buds begging for more.
First, you’ll start by roasting the broccoli to perfection. The high heat will bring out the natural sweetness of the broccoli while giving it a nice charred texture.
Then, you’ll add a unique twist to this classic vegetable by seasoning it with a combination of cinnamon and thyme. The warm, earthy flavors of these spices perfectly complement the broccoli, creating a dish that is both comforting and full of depth.
But wait, there’s more! To take this dish to the next level, you’ll sprinkle it with a generous amount of Parmesan crumbs. These crumbs add a deliciously crispy and cheesy element that will leave you craving more.
With every bite, you’ll experience a delightful combination of flavors and textures that will make you fall in love with broccoli all over again.
So, why wait? Get ready to impress your taste buds with this irresistible Cinnamon Thyme Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Crumbs. Let’s dive in and discover a new way to enjoy this nutritious vegetable.
Ingredients and Preparation
The key to achieving the perfect flavor and texture for this dish is by combining the fragrant cinnamon and thyme with the crispy parmesan crumbs. To start, gather the ingredients: 2 heads of broccoli, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Cut the broccoli into florets and toss them in a large bowl with the olive oil, cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper. Spread the seasoned broccoli on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are crispy and golden brown.
While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the parmesan crumbs by combining the grated parmesan cheese with salt and pepper. After removing the broccoli from the oven, sprinkle the parmesan crumbs over the top and return it to the oven for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted and formed a crispy topping.
Serve the cinnamon thyme roasted broccoli with parmesan crumbs as a delicious and flavorful side dish. Enjoy!
Roasting Broccoli to Perfection
Achieving the perfect roast on this flavorful vegetable is an absolute game-changer! To start, preheat your oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Take your broccoli florets and spread them out evenly on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, making sure each piece is coated. Sprinkle on some cinnamon, thyme, salt, and pepper for that extra burst of flavor. Toss everything together, ensuring the spices are evenly distributed.
Pop the baking sheet into the oven and roast for about 20-25 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender and slightly crispy. Don’t forget to give them a good shake halfway through to ensure even cooking.
Once done, sprinkle some parmesan crumbs over the top and serve immediately. Your taste buds will thank you!
Adding Flavor with Cinnamon and Thyme
To really elevate the taste of your roasted broccoli, imagine the warm aroma of spices mingling with the tender florets as you drizzle them with a golden elixir and toss them gently, ensuring each piece is lovingly coated.
The combination of cinnamon and thyme adds a unique and delightful flavor profile to this dish. The fragrant cinnamon adds a touch of sweetness while the earthy thyme brings a savory note. As the broccoli roasts in the oven, these spices infuse into the florets, creating a mouthwatering blend of tastes.
The result is a dish that’s not only delicious but also incredibly aromatic. The cinnamon and thyme perfectly complement the natural flavors of the broccoli, giving it a warm and comforting essence. With each bite, you’ll experience a burst of flavors that’ll leave you craving more.
Creating Crunchy Parmesan Crumbs
Get ready for a burst of irresistible texture with these crispy, cheesy morsels that’ll take your roasted broccoli to a whole new level! Creating crunchy Parmesan crumbs is easier than you think.
Start by preheating your oven to 375°F (190°C) and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a bowl, combine grated Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, and a pinch of salt. Toss everything together until the crumbs are evenly coated.
Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. Make sure to stir the crumbs occasionally to ensure even browning. Once they’re done, remove them from the oven and let them cool before sprinkling them over your roasted broccoli.
These savory, crunchy Parmesan crumbs will add a delightful contrast to the tender roasted broccoli, making every bite absolutely delicious.
Serving and Enjoying the Dish
Now it’s time to savor and relish this delectable dish! Once your cinnamon thyme roasted broccoli with parmesan crumbs is out of the oven, transfer it to a serving platter, making sure to keep the parmesan crumbs intact.
The aroma of the roasted broccoli combined with the fragrant spices will surely whet your appetite. Sprinkle some more parmesan crumbs on top for added flavor and crunch.
Serve it alongside your favorite protein or as a standalone vegetarian meal. The contrasting textures of the tender broccoli, crispy crumbs, and creamy parmesan will create a delightful explosion of flavors in your mouth.
Take a bite and let the warm, earthy notes of cinnamon and thyme dance on your taste buds. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious dish with your loved ones, and relish every mouthful.
CINNAMON THYME ROASTED BROCCOLI WITH PARMESAN CRUMBS
For the Roasted Broccoli:
- 1 pound 450g fresh broccoli florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme or fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Parmesan Crumbs:
- 1/2 cup 50g breadcrumbs (preferably panko breadcrumbs for a crispy texture)
- 1/4 cup 25g grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for a burst of freshness optional
- These quantities can be adjusted based on your preference and the number of servings you want to prepare. Feel free to customize the seasonings and adjust them to your taste. Enjoy your cinnamon thyme roasted broccoli with Parmesan crumbs!
For the Roasted Broccoli:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Wash and thoroughly dry the broccoli florets. You want them to be as dry as possible to ensure they roast well and don’t steam.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli florets, olive oil, ground cinnamon, dried thyme, salt, and pepper. Toss everything together until the broccoli is evenly coated with the oil and seasonings.
- Spread the seasoned broccoli florets in a single layer on a baking sheet. Use parchment paper or a silicone baking mat for easy cleanup.
- Roast the broccoli in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crispy, and the broccoli is tender. You can toss the broccoli once or twice during roasting to ensure even cooking.
For the Parmesan Crumbs:
- While the broccoli is roasting, prepare the Parmesan crumbs. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, melted butter, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until the breadcrumbs are coated with the butter and cheese.
- Spread the Parmesan crumb mixture evenly on a baking sheet or in a separate oven-safe dish.
- Place the Parmesan crumbs in the oven during the last 5-7 minutes of the broccoli’s roasting time. Bake until the crumbs are golden brown and crispy. Keep an eye on them to avoid burning.
- Once both the roasted broccoli and Parmesan crumbs are ready, remove them from the oven.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan crumbs over the roasted broccoli, creating a flavorful and crunchy topping.
- If desired, garnish with freshly chopped parsley or cilantro for a pop of color and extra freshness.
- Serve your Cinnamon Thyme Roasted Broccoli with Parmesan Crumbs immediately as a delightful side dish. Enjoy!
Can I substitute the broccoli with another vegetable?
Yes, you can substitute the broccoli with any other vegetable of your choice. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly for the best results. Enjoy your roasted veggies!
How long does it take to roast the broccoli?
Roasting broccoli usually takes around 20-25 minutes at 425°F. However, factors like the size of the florets and your desired level of crispiness can affect the cooking time.
Can I use dried thyme instead of fresh thyme?
Yes, you can use dried thyme instead of fresh thyme. It will still add a nice flavor to the roasted broccoli. Just use a little less since dried herbs are more concentrated.
Can I use a different cheese instead of Parmesan for the crumbs?
Yes, you can use a different cheese instead of parmesan for the crumbs. Get creative and try using cheddar, mozzarella, or even feta to add a unique twist to the dish!
Can I make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later?
Yes, you can make this dish ahead of time and reheat it later. Just store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and when you’re ready, simply heat it up in the oven or microwave.
WOO HOO !!!!!!
So there you have it, a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy broccoli. By roasting it to perfection and adding a unique twist with cinnamon and thyme, you elevate this vegetable to a whole new level.
And let’s not forget the crunchy parmesan crumbs that add a delightful texture to each bite. Whether as a side dish or a main course, this cinnamon thyme roasted broccoli with parmesan crumbs is sure to be a hit.
So go ahead, serve it up and enjoy!