Are you looking for a delicious twist on traditional corn on the cob? Look no further than this mouthwatering recipe for Cinnamon Thyme Roasted Corn on the Cob. This unique flavour combination will elevate your corn to a whole new level of deliciousness.
With just a few simple steps, you can transform ordinary corn into a sweet and savoury masterpiece that will leave your taste buds begging for more.
To create this delectable dish, you will start by gathering the necessary ingredients and preparing the corn. Then, you will whip up a flavorful cinnamon thyme seasoning that will take the flavour profile to new heights.
Once the corn is seasoned, it’s time to fire up the grill and roast it to perfection. The heat of the grill will bring out the natural sweetness of the corn and infuse it with the aromatic flavours of cinnamon and thyme.
When the corn is tender and charred to perfection, it’s time to serve and enjoy. Each bite will be bursting with a delightful combination of sweet and savory flavours that will have everyone asking for seconds.
So, why settle for plain corn on the cob when you can indulge in the irresistible taste of Cinnamon Thyme Roasted Corn on the Cob?
Gathering the Ingredients
Now let’s gather all the ingredients you’ll need to make this mouthwatering cinnamon thyme roasted corn on the cob!
First, make sure you have fresh corn on the cob. Look for ears that are firm and have bright green husks.
You’ll also need butter, cinnamon, thyme leaves, salt, and black pepper. For a touch of sweetness, gather some brown sugar as well.
Don’t forget aluminium foil to wrap the corn in for a roasting.
Now, head to your spice rack and grab ground cinnamon and dried thyme. Check your pantry for salt, black pepper, and brown sugar.
Lastly, make sure you have enough butter to generously coat each ear of corn.
With all these ingredients gathered, you’re ready to make the most delicious cinnamon thyme roasted corn on the cob!
Preparing the Corn
To get started, all you need to do is prepare the corn by following a few simple steps.
First, remove the husks and silk from the corn. Gently peel back the husks, making sure to remove all the silk strands.
Next, rinse the corn under cold water to remove any remaining silk or dirt. Then, pat the corn dry with a paper towel.
Once the corn is dry, carefully slice off the ends to create a flat surface. This will make it easier to stand the corn upright while roasting.
Finally, brush the corn with melted butter and sprinkle with a mixture of cinnamon and thyme. This’ll add a delicious and unique flavour to the corn.
Now, you’re ready to roast the corn and enjoy a mouthwatering treat!
Creating the Cinnamon Thyme Seasoning
First, you’ll want to mix together some warm, earthy spices that’ll give your corn a burst of flavour. Start by combining 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of dried thyme, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in a small bowl.
Make sure to mix them well, so the flavors are evenly distributed. This combination of spices will add a unique twist to the traditional roasted corn on the cob. The cinnamon brings a hint of sweetness, while the thyme adds a herby note. The salt and black pepper help to balance out the flavours and enhance the overall taste.
Once you have your cinnamon thyme seasoning ready, you’ll be one step closer to creating a delicious and flavorful corn on the cob.
Roasting the Corn on the Grill
Once you’ve got your tantalizing seasoning mixed up, it’s time to fire up the grill and get those golden, smoky kernels sizzling.
Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and lightly oil the grates to prevent the corn from sticking.
Place the seasoned corn directly on the grill and cook for about 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally, until the kernels are charred and tender.
The cinnamon and thyme aroma will start to fill the air, making your mouth water in anticipation.
As the corn roasts, remember to keep an eye on it to avoid burning.
Once it’s done, remove the corn from the grill and let it cool for a few minutes.
Serve it hot with a sprinkle of extra cinnamon thyme seasoning for an extra burst of flavour.
Enjoy this delicious and unique twist on classic grilled corn!
Serving and Enjoying the Delicious Flavor
As you savor the tantalizing aroma of the golden, smoky kernels, indulge in the delectable flavours of this unique twist on grilled corn.
Once the corn is roasted to perfection, it’s time to serve and enjoy the delicious flavour. Grab a plate and carefully place the corn on it, making sure not to burn your fingers on the hot kernels.
Add a sprinkle of cinnamon thyme seasoning to enhance the taste even more. The warm, slightly sweet notes of cinnamon complement the smoky flavours of the corn perfectly.
Take a bite and let the explosion of flavours dance on your taste buds. The sweetness of the corn, the earthiness of the thyme, and the warmth of cinnamon all come together in a harmonious symphony of taste.
Don’t forget to have a napkin handy, as the juicy kernels may leave a delightful mess on your face.
Enjoy every mouthwatering bite of this cinnamon thyme roasted corn on the cob!
CINNAMON THYME ROASTED CORN ON THE COB
- Corn on the cob: You’ll need fresh corn on the cob preferably with the husks still on for added flavor and moisture.
- Olive oil: Extra virgin olive oil works well for roasting and adds a rich flavor.
- Fresh thyme: Use fresh thyme sprigs or leaves for a fragrant and earthy flavor.
- Ground cinnamon: Ground cinnamon provides a warm and slightly sweet spice to complement the corn.
- Salt and pepper: For seasoning use salt and black pepper to taste.
- Garlic optional: You can add minced garlic for an extra layer of flavor.
- Honey optional: If you want a touch of sweetness, honey can be drizzled over the roasted corn.
- Butter optional: A pat of butter can be added for richness and creaminess.
- Preheat the oven: Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the corn: Peel back the husks of the corn, but leave them attached at the base of the cob to use as handles. Remove any silk (the fine threads) from the corn kernels. If you prefer, you can also remove the husks completely and wrap the corn in aluminum foil.
- Season the corn: Brush each ear of corn with olive oil to coat it evenly. Season with salt, pepper, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon. You can adjust the amount of cinnamon to your taste, but start with about 1/2 teaspoon per ear.
- Add thyme: Lay a few fresh thyme sprigs or sprinkle fresh thyme leaves over the corn. Thyme adds a wonderful herbaceous aroma and flavor.
- Optional additions: If desired, you can add minced garlic for extra flavor by sprinkling it over the corn. For sweetness and richness, drizzle honey over the corn and add a pat of butter to each ear.
- Wrap in foil (optional): If you removed the husks, wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil to help keep it moist during roasting. If you left the husks on, fold them back over the corn to cover it.
- Roast the corn: Place the prepared corn on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes. The exact cooking time may vary depending on your oven and the size of the corn, so check for doneness. The corn should be tender when pierced with a fork.
- Serve: Carefully remove the roasted corn from the oven, and if you used aluminum foil, unwrap it. Serve the cinnamon thyme roasted corn on the cob hot as a delicious side dish.
Can I use frozen corn instead of fresh corn?
Yes, you can use frozen corn instead of fresh corn for this recipe. Just make sure to thaw and pat dry the corn before roasting it with the cinnamon and thyme. Enjoy!
How long does it take to roast the corn on the grill?
Roasting corn on the grill takes about 15-20 minutes. Make sure to turn it occasionally for even cooking. The result is deliciously charred corn with a smoky flavor that pairs perfectly with the cinnamon thyme seasoning.
Can I use dried thyme instead of fresh thyme for the seasoning?
Yes, you can use dried thyme instead of fresh thyme for seasoning. It will still add a savory flavor to your roasted corn on the cob.
Can I substitute cinnamon with another spice?
Yes, you can substitute cinnamon with other spices like nutmeg or allspice for a different flavor. Experiment with different spices to find one that suits your taste preferences.
Can I roast the corn in the oven instead of on the grill?
Yes, you can definitely roast the corn in the oven instead of on the grill. It will still turn out delicious and you can enjoy the convenience of cooking it indoors.
WELL DONE !!!!!
So there you have it, a delicious and unique way to enjoy your corn on the cob. By combining the flavors of cinnamon and thyme, you create a seasoning that adds a whole new level of taste to this classic dish.
Roasting the corn on the grill brings out its natural sweetness and adds a smoky flavor. Serve it up hot and enjoy the delicious flavor that this cinnamon thyme roasted corn on the cob brings to the table.